remove a upvc door strip. euro lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot remove the metal door strip to replace a yale euro lock. its has double lockinf features, i removed all screws but the middle part doesnt come out of the door frame. theres a metal peice stopping it.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't need to remove the strip. Just remove the screw retaining the cylinder (its in-line with the botom of the cylinder), key into the cylinder and turn it a few degrees left/right whilst pushing the cylinder from the other side. This will retract the cam and allow the cylinder to be removed.

thanks for the reply.

but, the screw that lines to the lock is a very small one, not the long one that goes through the eruolock. behind this screw is another metal peice which i cant remove. there is no screw in this metal peice.

The retaining screw will be in-line with the bottom of the cylinder (the narrow section). The screw head will be the largest on the strip.

Sponsored Links
<Scratch! >

Sussed it Mike.
HH was right too..

If the door is unlocked you can get to it.. - it's just an allen key not a screw head.
I had exactly the same thing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back