Remove Doors or Not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have six very tall mdf doors to paint. An idea of the total area is about 2.4m high covering a 3.6m length wall.

The paint I will be using is an Eggshell Acrylic - the technical dept said this was the best product for the wood. I'd like to use a spray machine to get a nice finish.

Should I remove the doors to spray or leave them in place? Really appreciate any tips /advice on this please.

20160920_210523.jpg

Sponsored Links
paint them with whatever you like if you prime and undercoat them first. Yeah take them off then you can do both sides easier and the edges of the carcass

OK, thank you.

Also, just another thing. If you look at the picture, you will see a couple of marks. The marks are from Bio Oil. I had some on my arm and accidently touched the doors. Should I cover the oil mark with Zinsser 123 befor applying the mdf primer?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would give it a rub down with sandpaper, then prime and undercoat and see if it bleeds through but a coat of zinnser wouldn't hurt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back