Remove Paint from Borrowed Lights above doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any top tips on removing gloss paint from borrowed lights above my internal doors. Someone has previously painted them, several times, and I would like to get rid of the paint.

I have tried several methods, scraping with a glass scraper, heat gun (can quickly lead to cracks), white spirit (didnt really do anything).

The problem with scraping is that the paint is so thick that it wont cut directly down to the glass so the process takes 5x longer than it would normall.

Any tips you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Sponsored Links
Paint removal is irritating and time consuming at the best of times, let alone standing on a stepladder with nothing working! Would it be worth removing the glass and replacing it - not that expensive, quicker and a guaranteed perfect finish??

I'm with misterhelpful,

Having removed the glass panels and tried giving them a clean, I'm buying new glass - they were a little damaged anyhow.

Had the glass been fine, I'd probably have removed the panels, pasted them with paint-stripper, then rubbed it all off in the garden.[/i]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back