remove skirting board - tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One more thing ;)

Should I remove the current skirting board and tile right up to the wall, grout, then replace the skirting board (attach with no more nails or something like that) ?

The other option is to leave it where it is and tile up to the skirting board but I imagine it won't look great ?

Sponsored Links
DrGonzo said:
One more thing ;)

Should I remove the current skirting board and tile right up to the wall, grout, then replace the skirting board (attach with no more nails or something like that) ?

The other option is to leave it where it is and tile up to the skirting board but I imagine it won't look great ?
It'll look fine, leave em put.

Do you grout on the skirting board side then?
Even a slight dodgy cut on the tile will leave a gap and there'll be grout between the tile and skirting.

Just asking cos I did this on my wall tiles and you're supposed to take off socket covers and tile up to the metal case then put the cover back on...same principle for skirting...

Sponsored Links
Questions, questions, questions. :LOL:
Just leave the same sort of gap around the edges that you leave in between the tiles, then grout. Unless you make a right mess of your cuts the edges will look ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back