Remove tap back nut

Top hat washers on a ceramic basin? :eek:
Absolutely, every time (bar once - see below). yes. Clear enuff?

If you have ever cracked a basin trying your hardest to get a metal backnut to hold the tap, suspect cheap imported basin with an high-spot, tight you'll know, just know why.

Oh, and why oh why are new/replacement tap threads getting shorter?, well one thing is for sure, it is not for my benefit.

Sponsored Links
This looks strangely like a client I quoted for last week needing 3 sets of taps changing and all in the same condition as this. He had the same tiles as that and also a very similar basin. He was also called John.

Turned down my quote of £130 plus materials to change the taps. If it is that client then I bet it doesn't look expensive now does it ;)

If not then, OP, either get the balls of steel out or get a guy in that can get them out without destroying the basin. I would have them out in 15 minutes tops.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back