Removed tree near house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, currently going through the buying process for a property and its got a rather large tree outside that has now been removed. I was hoping someone could tell me if I should be worried about a tree of that size and type in relation to the foundations of the property - there are no structural signs of the tree affecting roots affecting anything on the house, the surveyor didn't even pick up on the tree having ever been there. However I imagine that the roots would take some time to erode - so the affects of this may not be immediately apparent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Image attached.

ysn6i.png at Free Image Hosting

Sponsored Links
i'm no expert, but i suspect once the tree is chopped down and killed... then the roots will stop growing.... and eventually wither away.... so any damage that is done, is done already....

If you're seriously worried then get some expert advice... but if you're not too bothered, then killing the tree is the end of it !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back