Removing a stuck push up plug

Sponsored Links
The silicone may come in useful ,where do you intend to apply it ??
I have never needed to use silicone remover when fitting a basin waste ,just cut off with a Stanley knife.
The sizes you refer to are both the same thing

Maybe underneath the wide bit of the plug looking down and then on the black seals on the underneath? Where I'm cutting it away from basically with a stanley knife now?

Sounds like a plan ! Grab a roll of PTFE tape too ,the thread of the waste fitting where the big black nut screws onto would benefit from a few wraps of PTFE.
The black rubber seals don't usually need any silicone ,but the topside of the basin / to under side of the chrome wastes flange often does.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Would you believe I have a roll of PTFE for my next project. Replacing an outside leaky tap although that job looks ten times easier.
Sounds like a plan ! Grab a roll of PTFE tape too ,the thread of the waste fitting where the big black nut screws onto would benefit from a few wraps of PTFE.
The black rubber seals don't usually need any silicone ,but the topside of the basin / to under side of the chrome wastes flange often does.

Correct (y)
(PS A Basin Mate is as cheap as chips and handy to have to hand but, speaking personally, sometimes I find they're useful and other times they're not and I stick with more conventional sealants. Plumbers Mait is always a good thing to have to hand).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back