Removing Blown Loft Insulation

Ignoring foxholes girly little limp wrists for a moment, having read various replies and given it some thought over the last day or so I suspect anything other than an industrial strength vacuum and a proper hose will be rubbish. It's also apparent that it's no good extracting the stuff into anything but a massive reservoir (ie a skip or similar outside on the ground with a tarp over it), the 45ltr extractor linked to earlier in the thread will fill up after about 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Mine weighs more, and it'd be worse, hunched over and joist-hopping in a loft.

Id rather go for hiring an industrial vac, and dragging the hose rather than the vac itself.
Sorry, didn’t know you had a hunch back .

Sponsored Links
the 45ltr extractor linked to earlier in the thread will fill up after about 10 seconds
Last year I used a Henry to suck vermiculite out of an old AGA, It filled up in no time.

I realise a Henry is much smaller, but I reckon the ratio is similar.

Maybe rigging up a cyclone might work, but it still needs an air tight container

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back