removing burglar alarm?? plus fitting a new one

pixiesue said:
I did mention about live wires in previous post.Our other alarm was the same as this one a Veritas.The main wiring was under the hall stairs .The point im trying to say is that i can take the box off at th efront door but there must me a main system somewhere - which we dont know where , my husband has a feeling they have put it under the bath - of all places !!I dont want to just cut wires and leave . [/b]
depending on the panel, does it not make a noise or can you not switch it on/off? that way, follow the sound till you find it.

as for disconnecting it, the panel will have a backup battery. and the bellbox might have a backup battery. if the bell box does, disconnect this first. itll probably sound as soon as you remove the cover but stop once battery is removed. then go to panel and dicsonnect battery and mains supply

Sponsored Links
Depends on what you're willing to do/capable of doing....

If you feel comfortable climbing ladders to take the lid off the outside bellbox, bearing in mind you may get blasted with 120 dB, do so then remove the battery/ cut the 12v multicore leading in. If its been wired for tamper (doubt it given your sensors haven't) it will make the control box sounder go off too thus telling you where it is.

If that happens then you need to isolate the control box (once you find it), specifically from the mains then the backup battery inside.

As I said it depends on what your willing to do; rather, MOST importantly what you are competant to do. If in doubt AT ALL get a sparkie in, or get an alarm tech to do the whole lot for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back