Removing Chimney Breast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to remove a chimney breast (cb) from the rear bedroom of my old Lancashire (Chorley) mid-terrace house, however I am happy to retain the cb downstairs in the back room.

The cb seems only to feed my home and is not shared with the grumpy neighbours. Ideally I would like the stack removing and the cb removed from the attic and back bedroom.

I can be overly ambitious and was wondering if it would be beyond me or is there more to it than taking it down brick by brick?

If its more realistic to have it removed by the pro's what would a ball park figure be for removal and making good?

Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you might like to research on here - your question is constantly being asked and answered.

There is a procedure and legal protocol for c/breast removals.

With respect, you must be certain and not assume what the neighbour's have or dont have; "seems" is not good enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back