Removing decking and garden slopes down ?

wow thats really cheap were did u purchase them from ?

also did u buy the fence that slides inbeetween in panneles or what ?( set size pannels)

i think this will be easier and cheaper to do so think i will go for this option is there any guides etc on how to erect a concreate post fence ?

really need to know legal height think its 6ft or 2m but not sure which lol
Thanks Dean

Sponsored Links
it was a fencing company in Liverpool (AA Fencing)

yes feather edge fence panals, i think they are 4ft high x 6ft long, as they were goign on the base panels that will lift the whole fence up - if that makes sense

just measure the area you want the fence then decide it by 6 (concrete base panels are 6ft long, the posts have slots to fit the bases in)

you will also need to decide which end will be the shortened panel as im guessing you garden will not divide up in exact 6ft lengths

dig hole put cement in put post (make sure its level - if it isnt the base panels wont slot in) in tamp it down with something heavy, put base panel in....move to the next post

i've only done timber posts, but have always found postcrete to be really good (if a tad expensive). it goes off so quick you can do short timber posts without a helper as it's self-supporting after about a minute! but that's likely impossible with the weight of a concrete one.

its only a small area to do so even though more expensive wont need much, do u just pour post crete into hole and makes a lot easier ?

will keep u posted , going to remove rest of decking this weekend so let u know

cheers
Dean

Sponsored Links
you fill the hole with water, put the post in the hole, then pour in the dry mix straight from the bag. have a look around for offers --- there are often discounts if you buy 5 bags or so from Wickes or B&Q which make them work out pretty cheap.

Hi there

i recently had the same problem as it were, and thought i might add to the above replies

as far as I can think i dont think next door can say anything re what you wish to errect in place of the old decking/fencing.

but it is polite to let them be made aware of your plans, do a nice artist like drawing to let them see just how nice you plan to make it.
providing that you do not go higher that 2mtrs tall you should be fine
( i am not sure re the slope, as to where you measure from ) your local planing office or web site from your local coucil can assist in finding out more

but you Must ensure that the boundary line is yours.. before you take anything down!
you will find this stated on your house title deeds a "T" as it were that comes off the fence line onto your garden.. but if it has a "H" over the fence line it is then a jointly owned fence line and you need to seek further advice on this as well as talking to next door.

I hope this is of some help to you

Cheers dude and good luck.
let us know how you get on

I see a flaw in the concrete post/Gravel board plan, if you wanted a 6ft fence.

Lets just say you're using 9ft posts (for example).

If you sank them 2.5/3ft into the ground, then used 2x1ft gravel boards, then leveled garden with soil.......You'll only end up with a 4ft fence.

Ok for privacy if your sitting down I suppose, but otherwise no good to man nor beast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back