Removing dried paint from laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been renovating a house for the last year. Unfortunately several areas of laminate have been splashed with gloss and emulsion paint. The gloss paint splashes have hardened over time and white spirit has no effect on them at all. Can anyone suggest something to remove gloss paint in particular, but also thicker splashes of emulsion which do not dissolve with water. Using abrasives might damage the laminate which is matt finish. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you have access to a steam cleaner that has a jet nozzle/attachment, this will soften the paint and make it easier to remove.

salem2000 said:
If you have access to a steam cleaner that has a jet nozzle/attachment, this will soften the paint and make it easier to remove.

i would be a tad carefull and try on an offcut or hidden area as the flooring is only paper with a plastic coating ontop of the base

personaly i would try a plastic scraper but very carefully to try and ease off and hope its not stuck to firmly as youl damage the plastic coating

i would also go with the grain as it where so any scratching gouging will be less apparent

Sponsored Links
Holy Thread Revivial Batman!

Had this problem with emulsion paint on my woodgrain mahogany upvc windows. As painted by Stevie Wonder :rolleyes:

Was searching here and then came across this stuff in B&Q.

http://www.diy.com/departments/home-strip-paint-stripper-500ml/254572_BQ.prd

Use like this..

1. Apply with brush to paint
2. Leave for 30-60 mins
3. Rub with stainless steel scourer pad to remove paint which will smear
4. Use Meths on a cloth to wipe away residue

Worked for me so though it might be useful for someone. Wish I had taken before and after pics now. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back