removing emolsion

Sponsored Links
There are two other options I can think of:

1. Grip a single edge razor blade with a pair of needle nose style locking pliers and see if you can scrape the paint off. I have plaster walls in my building, and often I can scrape large areas of paint off the bare plaster using a tool like this.

2. If scraping the paint off with just the razor doesn't work well, then dull the edge of the blade and use a heat gun to soften the paint while scraping it off with that same tool (now with a dull blade). I've removed ceramic tile mastic from plaster walls this way, and I find that this method works faster and easier than using a chemical stripper on kitchen cabinet shelves, so I don't see why it wouldn't work faster and easier on a wall as well. Besides, using chemicals is messy. With a heat gun, the scraped off paint can be vaccuum up quickly and easily.

Sponsored Links
You do love your razor blade scraper don`t you Nestor, thanks for the reply. i used a steamer and scraper in the end worked a treat ;)

rhino36, ive just done the same (steamer and scrapper) i found it worked great on plasterboard walls but started to bring the plaster of on a normal wall. It was easier to do than stripping wallpaper, 10/15 seconds with the steamer and the emulsion virtually came of its self.

confidentincompetent said:
rhino36 said:
Is there a product for removing emulsion form plastered walls, plaster is not new

Does the emulsion have to come off? To be honest I have never had to resort to stripping emulsion off, if its a bad wall I usually line it.

If you reeely need to strip it look in this lnk.

http://www.stripperspaintremovers.com/I_want_to_remove.htm

Spill a lot of stuff in customers houses do you John?... :LOL:

Good link though..handy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back