removing emulsion from gloss!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Glossed hall/landing/stairs about 2 week ago,then papered and emulsioned.
Just realised today that where I had forced emulsion inbetween some pipes (as that was the only way to get to it!) I have daubed paint all over the skirting and it keeps looking at me!!
I knew I had done this at the time but for some reason I forgot to clean it up before it dried!
So my question is...Will it be easy to clean off as it is very difficult to get to?
My friend said nobody will notice it ...but I know it's there, and if I went to someones house and saw the same it would bug me forever!!
Ideally it could be rubbed with something (chemical based!) on a cotton bud I thought!
I don't want to start picking at it with sharp instruments and take the gloss off with it!
Any ideas?

Sharon xx

Sponsored Links
Was it Matt or Soft Sheen or Silk Emulsion ? If Matt all u have to do is soak it about 3 times in 3 mins at each stage. This will penatrate and soften the Matt, which u will be able to easily take of by rubbing it with your finger nail. Though u could also rub down and paint over again.

its silk (dulux Luxurious Silk to be precise!)
The main thing is its hard to get to in places.
I will try a wet cloth,and see how it goes!

Sharon xx

Sponsored Links
use hot water on it...it softens paint quicker than cold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back