Removing Hot Water Pipe Outlet ?(British Gas RD 532 Combi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a British Gas RD 532 Combi. Because I want to redirect some pipe work I need disconnect what looks like a standard compression connection at the combi unit. On this outlet I can't see tap or valve so I was just wondering what to expect. Will its domestic hot water tank simply flow out? Am I likey to encounter any problems when I restart the system and switch the cold water supply back on. All suggestions welcome.

Many thanks....Kev

Sponsored Links
Shut off the cold water inlet and open your hot water taps, when they stop running you are ok to disconnect.

As said. Shut off the cold supply, open taps to take pressure off, then disconnect the pipework you need to, there is no "tank" as such, only a plate heat exchanger so there will be about a litre or less of mains water in the boiler, some of which may dribble out,

do what you need to do, hook it all back up, and in general I always advise turing the cold back on with a cold tap open and not a hot (that way any scale/debris disturbed in the stop cock gets flushed through the cold tap and not caught up inside boiler or showers etc)

there should be no issues after with the hot water, its mains fed so wont airlock, will just have some big "spits" from the tap till the air is cleared then back to normal working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back