Removing Leak Sealer??

Pump is a brand new Grundfos a rated 15-60.

I had a lot of vibration, changed pump, solved.

I did have a noisy boiler (kettling), cleaned with Fernox DS-40, noise stopped.

Had a new 2 panel rad fitted in lounge, in place of 1 panel.

Leaky pipe to rad so I drained cleaner out and refilled with water for a week.

4 x drain and flushes last Friday, fixed pipe and filled up with MB-1, Leak Sealer and noise silencer, all Fernox.
(I used LS and BNS as just in case measures, didn't think it would hurt!!)

Since 4am Sat morning, chuffing from boiler then banging which comes and goes. Takes ten mins from cold for noise to start.

It's doing my head in :eek:

Regards,

Bigsul.

Not an awful lot of muck came out, mainly black dirty water after the original Chem clean.
All the rads get hot, and relatively quickly.

If I powerflush the HE its all 22mm pipe, so that should work shouldn't it?
Or would you advocate another DS-40 clean?

Regards,

Bigsul.

Sponsored Links
don't know, I am a householder not a pro

I use Sentinel X400 to loosen black sludge, it is very mild, but I used DS40 and DS3 on my old iron boiler (one for limescale and one for rust) they are both quite aggressive and one of them ate my jacket during careless draining

View media item 390

Woah, that looks pretty terminal.

With the flushing thing its a case of time, effort and inexperience.
The DS-40 would be quicker and cheaper, the powerflush more expensive and time consuming, but you know it will clear it out.
Be nice to know if I need to bother. I definately have a flow problem through the HE. Did the DS-3, DS-40 combo do the trick for you?

Bigsul.

you need to decide what the material is that is causing the problem.

I live in a very hard water area and my boiler was bumping. I managed to stop that, but it started again not long after. I had no black sediment left as the X400 had removed it (later, I had a powerflush before fitting the new boiler, and it found practically nothing).

After the old boiler was removed I looked inside the HEX and saw quite a bit of brown rust at the bottom, I doubt anything would have got it out short of taking the boiler apart and scraping it.

My new boiler is Stainless Steel which I chose after that experience.

Sponsored Links
I'm still wondering what to do. The worst of the noise has stopped, but I know its still not right.
Think I'll go for the DS-40 option, unless dismantling your boiler is easy?
I could do it I imagine its just getting a CORGI GF to certify its when its back together.
It does seem to be low flow, that would fit perfectly. It could be anything though I guess?

Bigsul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back