Removing Plaster from quarry tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Besides elbow grease (and lots of it), is there a tried and trusted way t remove plaster from quarry tiles?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Gypsum plaster ( eg bonding, finish, hardwall) is water soluble so I would leave a wet cloth over it for while, til it gets soft, then scrub it off as per joe above

Don't uses any 'acid type' cement removers or you may affect the grout

Sponsored Links
There may be a product called Vandex (or similar) mixed up with the cement - does that alter things?

There may be a product called Vandex (or similar) mixed up with the cement - does that alter things?

How bad is it/size of area ?

for gypsum I would try and avoid chemicals when water will work. Large area use a wet dust sheet, old towel etc.

You'll need a few attempts at it, but I'm afraid it's the unavoidable result of not protecting areas first, accidental spillages, or not cleaning properly when fresh.

As that would have been put there for waterproofing or damp prevention, removing it will undoubtedly cause the damp problem to reappear.

When you say 'plaster' do you really mean concrete? or cement render?
Where are these tiles? Lets hope it isn't a cellar floor.

What bonfire do you follow - not those ruffians from the Cliffe, I hope ;) East Hoathly are much more civilised , and I liked the pub @ Fletching , back in the day

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back