Removing rad after making good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Peeps,

I've attached a picture showing where the CORGI has installed a TRV for a rad. It's a similar situation for the lockshield and all the other rads.

I want to fill, sand and paint the hole AFTER attaching the rad so there is movement in the 10mm micorbore to help with attaching the rad.

If I need to remove the rad in future to decorate, will it be easy enough to remove the rad even though the microbore coming out of the wall will then be rigid with no play in the pipe? Also, at the bottom of the rad bracket there is a plastic attachment that helps keep the rad secure. I've lost a couple of these - can they be obtained anywhere? I think I'll need them in order to securely attach the radiators where the plastic attachments are missing.

Living up to my user name... :D

Ta,

3rd.

Sponsored Links
a pair of pipe cover plates might look neater - available from any good plumbers merchant. They will allow the movement you need whilst covering the hole.

you can buy plastic collars that clip snuggly over pipe and hide the hole in the wall - means that they can always be removed when decorating

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

Thanks all for posting up the replies. I knew about the collars - I'll have to pop to my local screwfix and pick some up. Not sure if the skirting is going to be in the way (see pic). If so, I might need to get my installer back. I also need some of those clips on the rad bracket as the rads don't fit securely without them. Can't see those on screwfix :(

Thanks for taking the time guys.

3rd.

Those clips on the rad brackets aren't too much to worry about, you will probably find your rad will sit fine without them :)

Yeah you can get some vibrations when turning on the heating but not usually from 10mm pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back