removing the drum on a mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been given a belle mini mix 130 cement mixer the drum is sliping due to worn teeth but i can not get the drum off ,,on this model it looks like it pulls off and not screwd off but i can not find any thing about removel ,,,, any one done one

Sponsored Links
On my 130 l baby belle, you grasp the top and turn it to the LEFT. Its tight, as the threads will have rusted. You could try tying a loop around the drum as tightly as possible with a long end (4'?). Wrap the long end around a bit of 4 X 2 say 3' long. Put the free end of the wood on the left of the knot on the drum and rotate the wood anti clockwise, the rope should lock up and turn the drum.
Frank

i will give that a try ,, at the moment i have wedged two cold chisels between the mixer and the drum and its not moved

Something in my water tells me that it's the 150 drum that's threaded, and the 130 has a roll pin through the shaft?
I just can't remember....the 130 is the one with the plastic ring gear, isn't it?
John :)

Sponsored Links
yes the one i have is plastic ring gear,,, and there is a clip with a pin that seems to secure the drum,, this pin just came out no problem,, ive now had a rope and 3x2 hiting with 10llb sledge,,, no joy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back