removing tiles from dry lined walls

TMB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help.........

We have dry lined walls in our house. Just had the bathroom re-tiled, what a nightmare! The dry lining came away with the old tiles and we had to re-board the entire bathroom before re-tiling. We're having a Kitchen re-fit in a couple of weeks, does anyone know of a way to remove the old tiles without the blooming wall coming away with them??? Thanks for any assistance :)

Sponsored Links
I usually find it quicker and cheaper to remove plasterboard complete with tiles from studs or dabs and replace with new unless the tiles are poorly stuck to the board.

You can also take the oppertunity to provide more solid fixings for your wall cabinets at the same time.

Jason

All plasterboard should have a solid coat of oil based primer applied before people apply wallpaper or tiling, to facilitate easy stripping at a later stage. In your case I would agree with jasonb and have a 'rip out plasterboard' party:cool:

Sponsored Links
I usually find it quicker and cheaper to remove plasterboard complete with tiles from studs or dabs and replace with new unless the tiles are poorly stuck to the board

I'm just going through this exercise. Plasterboard dabbed onto lightweight blockwork. How long should I leave it before hanging tiles? I really need to tile it within a couple of days of installation. Could I maybe use some sort of secondary fixing to ensure it doesn't move?

cheers,
colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back