Removing toilet seat

Sponsored Links
Press in the 2 plastic buttons and lift the seat up ,and off the metal mountings. The buttons are the bits that stick out ,just above the metal ,and are part of the seat.
Once seat is removed ,the round chrome discs lift off to reveal the anchor screws.

Brilliant. Ive already tried that but they didnt budge. Will try again with a bit more strength.....also there us a small rectangular slot to the side of buttons. Ive removed these but didn't see anything. Could these be a stopper for the buttons. Ie. Need to be removed and buttons then pressed....will give both a go tomorrow now.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not 100% sure. But all the ones I have fitted or removed they just press inward. Do both at same time ,thumb on button and fingers on outer edge. They do take a fair bit of pressure though...maybe I am stronger than I thought !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back