Removing unwanted pipes and radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be knocking down a wall in my house - and it currently has a radiator on it. I obvioulsy want to remove this radiator prior to knocking the wall down. The pipes to the radiator run from upstairs.
Can i remove the pipes/radiator easily myself? If so, what should i do?

Can i simply cut the current pipes and connect them together under the upstairs floor boards to keep the flow going?

Are there any simple pipe joints etc i can buy to do this job?

Sponsored Links
Drain the offending pipes and shorten them if no longer needed to avoid deadlegs and then cap off with a compression fitting like THIS

Do not connect pipes together ;)

Bahco said:
Do not connect pipes together ;)

Unless ;)
Did you ask if he had a one pipe system with a pipe dropping and returning back up the wall:?:
Unlikely but possible.

hi
Sorry guys, I'm unsure what you mean.
I have 2 pipes coming down the wall.
One is connected to the top of the radiator and to the bottom of the radiator.

Sponsored Links
ambercelery said:
hi
Sorry guys, I'm unsure what you mean.
I have 2 pipes coming down the wall.
One is connected to the top of the radiator and to the bottom of the radiator.
Carry on and cap them as close to where they tee off as possible.

bobthebender said:
Unless ;)
Did you ask if he had a one pipe system with a pipe dropping and returning back up the wall:?:
Whilst connecting the tails in a one-pipe system wouldn't matter, capping them wouldn't matter either, so it's still the best advice.

Softus said:
bobthebender said:
Unless ;)
Whilst connecting the tails in a one-pipe system wouldn't matter, capping them wouldn't matter either, so it's still the best advice.
What a load of cr*p :rolleyes:
You would have to join them.
Long live princess dai ;)
capjo4.jpg

bobthebender said:
Did you ask if he had a one pipe system

[qoute="ambercelery"]Can i simply cut the current pipes and connect them together? [/quote]

;)

Excellent.
Cheers for your help.

As for cutting the pipes and fitting the compression fitting , any suggestions as to how to make a good job of it. i..e step by step if possible.
Thanks

bobthebender said:
Softus said:
What a load of cr*p
The pipes you've marked (to cut) on your sketch are not "tails", so we're not talking about the same pipes, therefore what I'm writing is not cr*p.

You would have to join them.
In your sketch, I agree, but you've assumed that your sketch represents what the OP is doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back