renault espace tailgate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some information about how to remove the lining from the tailgate of my 1998 renault espace. The central locking for the tailgate is not locking, when the door is locked I can feel the solenoid clicking but the tailgate does not lock. I have removed four screws , plus the two from the inside handle, from the lining but it feels as if it is fixed near the centre but there are no visible fixings. There are two plugs at the top of the lining and i wonder if there any recessed screws under these. If any renault experts are reading please help.

Sponsored Links
Theyre usually held on by the stupid plastic clips which should just pull out. Try levering gently from behind the panel with a screwdriver

Thanks Neo, I have tried levering out and it is free to lift off all around the edges but it sems to be fixed in the centre of the panel and I am worried in case Ibreak the panel if i pull it any harder

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem and as far as I recall, you need to pop off the plastic trim bar under the number plate, behind that you will find screws that hold the door handle on. Good Luck!

Got it off!! It was two screws behind the fog lights, now all I have to do is figure out what is wrong with the central locking. Thanks for all the help, hope I can help someone on the forum.. THANKS

Back