Renault Laguna (X reg) completely dead battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an X reg Renault Laguna (1.6 "Sport", 109K miles). It was declared SORN just before Xmas and has been sat on the drive since. Had good intentions to start it on a weekly basis to stop the battery from dying, but it never happened and now the inevitable has. Battery is completely dead and not responding to a jump start. The battery is less than a year old (Halfords HCB063).

There is absolutely no sound/movement at all when you turn the key. What are my options from here? Was thinking of buying a charger (cheapest option?) or do I just buy another new battery? I'm assuming neglect isn't covered by the 4 year guarantee. The car is old & has seen better days but at it's last MOT the mechanic said the emissions were good so I'm reluctant to give up on it just yet.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
I'd start by trying to re-charge the battery however you may have killed it.
You may need a special type of battery charger as it is a calcium type.

i wouldn`t tell halfords that you`ve had the car parked up if it`s got a four year warranty, same thing happened with my campervan, only used it in the summer so just before the summer i`d take my reciept and the dead battery down to halfords and get a new one off them, just tell them you came out of the house one day and it was flat, wouldn`t bother with a charger, i`m sure mr halford can afford it

Thanks for that. Just read somewhere that if I take the battery to Halfords they will assess whether it is completely dead or not so will try that first before spending out unnecessarily.

Sponsored Links
I have recently charged two batteries which were flat for several months and they are in current daily use now.

They might not work during demaning winter use but they arew OK in June.

Just charge the battery fully and it will fine.When ever you leave a vehicle standing for period of time its always a good idea to disconnect at least one of the terminals normally the positive.This will stop the battery draining down compleletly and make it alot easier to charge as well as prolonging the life of battery

Back