render choice help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a park home and the exterior render needs re placing, it has plywood directly behind it. could i get some advice on a render to use to put bck on and can i just re coat it onto the plywood ? many thanks for any help. . .

Sponsored Links
why not replace the timber,or even go over it,with a thermal board?any ways i've renderd ply with hp12,after sealing,with mesh,then top as per.

yes the ply needs replacing too. but im not sure what to put back over the top to replace the render i took off. . . some one told me a sharp sand and cement mix will work fine, just a fin screen of it is this ok to do ??

mate of mines works for a company offering external insulation and re-render service for mobile homes/static park homes etc: I am pretty sure he said there us a large% grant on the go at the moment. I can get detais if you want, or PM me .

Sponsored Links
as harly says grants are available and can cover 80% of the job,contact your energy supplier thats were the money comes from,we start a program of insulation and render for one of these big firms and they dont mess about,looking at turning thirty houses a week in one little area,well worth following up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back