rendering around new windows/french doors ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had some new french doors fitted + a new window to the rear of the house which previosly didnt have a window there at all but was a bricked up door yrs ago..the fitter applied expanding foam around the edges but i now need to get the both rendered as the plaster on the kitchen widow reveal is getting wet! upon looking at the photos can anyone tell me best way to acheive this especially the window which has large gaps to fill ? or may just get somebody to do this but dont know anybody as yet who could do this,cheers again
View media item 46252 View media item 46253 View media item 46254 View media item 46255

Sponsored Links
also how to patch up around the window ledge that thec render has fallen away ? dont even know what type of render this is etc someone said it might have been sprayed on ?

you have had 50 views and no replys, ill start the ball rolling the job dont look right to me, looks like a boch job bricks missing filled with foam ect
looks like you have a crack along the mortar joint in the brick at the bottom of the window in pic 3, (maybeloose now) also in pic 3 the window looks like its sitting to far back? and it also looks like its ill fitting why are there scratches over the window frame and cill it dont look new, i would call the fitters back, a decent window fitting firm wouldent leave it looking like that, what do the others think? is this a good job or is it just me? anyone?

Sponsored Links
also how to patch up around the window ledge that tdont even know what type of render this is etc someone said it might have been sprayed on ?

looks like tyrolean.
The other windows a poor fit and will need some flat plate same colour as frames to make up the shortfall.
Then you can repair the render/tyrolean and then silicone seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back