rendering sand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a new single storey rear extension which has thermal blocks on the inside and a partition wall made of concrete blocks.

I intend to get the walls rendered (thinly) and then skim finish on top. The ceiling is covered with plasterboard and will just have skim finishing on top.

The plasterer has asked me to get "rendering sand". The builder yard is sending me a bulk bag of "soft washed sand" tomorrow but the plasterer told me not to get "wet sand". Is soft washed sand "wet" type?

Have I got the right sand for internal rendering? I also have a spare half bulk bag of builder's sand (used for laying bricks/ blocks) and someone told me that I can mix that with "soft washed sand" and use that to render.

Please advise ASAP as I would like to correct the bulk bag first thing tomorrow morning before they send it off to me.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back