Renewing heating system/imperial size rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, first post here and am looking for advice on replacing my central heating system, boiler, radiators and probably hot tank. Have been advised that Vaillant condensing conventional system boiler is the best around at the moment(replacing 15 year old potterton prima f). Is this about right? or is there better for the money.
Next question, and probably most important in saving me some money. Is there anybody exept MYSON stll doing imperial size radiators? reason being that I do not like the round top of the myson elite, and would prefer the more enclosed look of most of the other compact style rads. If I can't find the right style in imperial it will be an expensive job, changing 14 lots of pipework to go metric.
thanks for any forthcoming advice

Sponsored Links
Is your existing pipe work in good nick mate? Bit of a shame, replacing your boiler & radiators if your pipe work leaks like a sieve.

Pipework seems to be in ok condition. The house is only 15 years old, but it was built by Barratt's !! and has had at least one joint leak which had to be repaired with a push fit elbow because of inaccessibility. This will be repaired properly when hot water tank is replaced. Also central heating system uses 10mm pipework. Several of the radiators are showing rust around seams but have not leaked yet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back