Repair internal wall prior to dry lining (Dot and Dab)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm a newbie and would be very appreciative of any advice anyone can give me on my mini project.

The plaster on my walls was in very bad shape, so I decided to take them back to the brick work.

However, the wall next to my door (please see image) was crumbling away at the end; now I am unsure how to now repair the damage in the simplest way

Options I'm considering is to some how trim the uneven blocks at the end, and use mortar and brick to fill it out (not my favourite, as I am an amateur DIYer), or can I use wood and secure it to the end of the door frame..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
dry line the big wall then trim the board end to follow the line of the door frame . leave to set and fill the gap with lightweight plaster and offcuts of board . leave to set and fix the covering board ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back