Repair or Replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just found out my toilet flush is not working. It is a button flush.
When I took the top off the cistern I found the plastic attachment that fits to the underside of the button was loose and not connected to the mechanism. Let me see if I can describe it. Connected to the button is a white plastic arm which moves up and down. On the top of the valve that allows the water into the bowl is another shorter arm with an oblong piece of plastic shaped like a photo frame at the far end. This arm comes up to allow the water out of the cistern. It looks like the longer arm should go through this 'photo frame' but there is a piece of plastic on the longer arm that is preventing it. Is it possible to repair this mechanism or do I have to replace it? I can't see any bits of plastic or springs in the cistern. I like to do repairs myself if I can. I do hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back