Repair to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I rent out a house and the tenant reported the boiler keeps losing pressure and noticed a small leak coming from underneath the boiler. I have been given a report from the engineer via the agent, below. Could anyone advise that it seems reasonable, please? Thank you!

X went out to this one yesterday and there are a few leaks on the boiler and the heating is not working due to a faulty wiring harness and switch. Please see quote below

Drain boiler

Supply and fit new automatic air vent to boiler

Supply and fit O Ring kit to pump block

Supply fit and wire new wiring harness and micro switch

Fill and vent

Check and test

Total £170 plus VAT

Sponsored Links
And the make of boiler is
Not having seen the job It is about the same as we charge

Thanks! I didn't think it seemed too bad, but thought I'd get some expert advice. I'm surprised tenant hasn't phoned again as it's pretty cold! Not sure how he's coping without central heating. I'll get on to the agent to go ahead. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can't remember, Steve, but it's over 10 years old now. Just wondered if it might be worth replacing but maybe repair for now...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back