Repair to wooden window surround

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to repair/replace the wooden piece above a ground floor bay window which is partly rotten. It is a 1920's house and the window has a typical curved lip above the window - wooden structure as far as I can tell covered in render. The piece that is rotten is horizontal, like a soffit under the rendered lip. I cannot see how to remove or replace it without damaging the render and am unsure how to repair it.

Advice on repair/replacement method sought, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Here is a picture of the problem. As I hope you can see there is rot in the under panel of the window and word work therefore we need to understand how we should remove this panel it seems to be attached to something further inside, but I am not sure how a window is constructed. These windows were orginally the frames for a sash window which at some point has been converted to take an aluminium doble glazed panel. Hope would be gratefully received.
regards
Claire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back