repairing makita drills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my son has a makita cordless drill that is not working. by some miracle can anyone suggest a repair centre in the midlands /cannock area please

Sponsored Links
See my answer to your other post.

You didn't say in that one it was cordless.
Have you charged the batery or tried a replacement one?

hi conny thanks for the capacitor advice, the battery is working fine, its been tried out in other makita tools, we are asking a couple of hire centres where they get their tools repaired and there is a makita centre in south birmingham about 30 miles away but we are both working out of town and trying to do stuff at the weekend is not easy.
my lad is ****ed off, hes on a prison job in bridgeend and hes direct, there are 6 subbies the firm have put on there to get the job punched out, not one cordless drill between the six of them, and his drill is passed around on continuous use and after two weeks of this its showing signs of wear
no surprise hes not happy, being older it would be easier for me to say f@@k off, enough **** taking

Sponsored Links
Possible that the brushes have just worn. Don't worry about finding a repair centre; find some new carbon brushes (I bet most decent tool shops keep them from stock)

hi terence, if your staying out of town would`nt it be easier to get it repaired in bridgend. there`s a makita distributor in bridgend cant provide the link just google makita bridgend .....Dave ;) ps and while your at it take the tight subbies with you so they can buy their own tools :)

update the drill had a set of new carbon brushes, £60 inc fitting and vat
£20 to hire one for one day on monday for work

i nearly fainted when he told me, when he visits at the weekend im going to show him a grinder i need brushes for.my grandson could change them.a harsh lesson for him
one good thing to come out of it is hes resolved to tell workmates/subbies to foxtrot oscar when they want a loan of the drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back