Repairing Pergo laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the bathroom sprang a leak while we were away, came back to find water pouring through to the kitchen.
the flooring is pergo laminate, installed 13 yrs ago, and the boards are glued together.
does anyone know the best way to remove a section, and replace it, or is it beyond repair?
I only need to remove about 0.5 of a square meter, the rest is fine.
Since theres about 30 sq metres in the extended kitchen, i'd rather not replace the whole lot if possible.
The area i need to remove starts under the cabinet kickbacks so its only a small corner that needs to come out.Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Do you have enough spare boards from the original install?

All the new stuff installs in a completely different way and has done for years.

It's my understanding that replacements of glued laminate mean the requirement to cut back to clean joints of the existing boards then effectively glue the new boards tightly to the old ones, not sure how effective it is but seem's a real ball ache compared to the more modern click systems.

Yes, i had a couple of packs stored in the garage, but when i opened them, found out they'd warped over time.
So it's gonna have to be a new floor.
I think it would have been impossible to get a repair looking half decent anyway.
Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back