Replace integrated draught excluder on uPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Our front door seems to have a built-in draught excluded which has failed and no longer prevents draughts (light can be seen between the door and the frame) - however we have no idea who made the door, and the previous owners didn't provide us with any details nor a Fensa certificate. I've also had a good look all around the door and frame, and can't find any labels nor other information about the make/model.

I was wondering if it's possible to replace the integrated draught excluder, or any way to fit a new (separate) one properly? I've searched but can't find anything about how the integrated ones can be replaced.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Showing us a picture of it would help. If it's bubble gasket there are loads of profiles available to buy by the metre so we can suggest something that may fit.. Just need to be able to see what you see

Thanks @robinbanks! Here are some photos, sorry it's about the best I can do - the excluder seems to be completely integrated, but as you can see it's not effective anymore

1000028916.jpg
1000028915.jpg
1000028914.jpg
1000028913.jpg

Think that's the first time I've ever seen a wire run down that part of a door frame! Do the cable clips stick up so proud that the door can't compress the rubber gasket? (Picture 2 and picture 4)

Sponsored Links
Good point! Thankfully they don't, there seems to be a bit of clearance there

Regards the brush strip I would expect that to be embedded in a groove that is say 8mm wide but the brush pokes through a gap that is say 4mm wide. To get it out you'd likely need to find or create a place where the gap is 8mm wide and pull the existing brush out / feed a new one in

Thank you, I'll give that a go! How would I go about finding the correct type of brush to put in?
Thanks for all your help and suggestions so far!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back