Replace main cable advice

I guess 2.5mm swa will be enough and can go through existing waste pipe by drawing in new cable by using old cable?

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
If the underground bends are right angles like the above ground ones, you may struggle to get your SWA through, but no harm in trying.

There must be a reason why it's been cut off

Any pics of the garage cu?

Seller was probably asked about DIY electrics and compliance with part P during the sale process and the easy way out was to disconnect permanently the non-complying supply to the garage so he could honestly answer the question.

Surprised no-one has asked how deep the "duct" is and if it is properly installed/protected.

Seller was probably asked about DIY electrics and compliance with part P during the sale process and the easy way out was to disconnect permanently the non-complying supply to the garage so he could honestly answer the question.
Not all that honestly. The question on the conveying forms asks whether any electrical work has been undertaken (by anyone) since 1st January 2005. I'm not too sure how 'honest' it would be to answer 'no' when such work had been undertaken, but subsequently 'undone'! I suppose the totally honest thing to do would be to admit that the work had been undertaken, but to add a note indicating that it had subsequently been 'undone'.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I'm not too sure how 'honest' it would be to answer 'no' when such work had been undertaken, but subsequently 'undone'!
You should be sure.

The question is unambiguous and free from any qualifications relating to subsequent undoing.

We can only speculate as to why it was disconnected (and the work planned by the OP might uncover evidence of interest). We do not know if it was disconnected by the seller who then lied.

I'm not too sure how 'honest' it would be to answer 'no' when such work had been undertaken, but subsequently 'undone'!
You should be sure.
Yes, I am sure - as you undoubtedly understand, my wording was 'ironic'.

I don' think it would be any problem to be totally honest and admit that work had been undertaken but subsequently removed. What is no longer there can hardly be a matter of concern to a prospective buyer! If a buyer subsequently finds some bits of electrical wiring that are no longer part of the installation and decide to 'do something' with them, that would be surely be "their problem"?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back