Replace or Paint FD30 doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing refurbishments to a flat and there are some old fire doors which are those brown horrible ones. I am wondering whether a lick of paint would be any good - and if so the appropriate way and method to get the best finish.

If not, I could replace these with some four panel smooth moulded doors - the standard white ones. If I do this, I may have to cut them - I have only cut pine doors before with no problem - but with the white ones, I guess I cut the hinged edge - what the best way to get the best cut finish with the circular saw? Also, what happens next - does the cut edge have to be painted?

Sponsored Links
why not add some decorative mouldings to the old doors then paint,use a rad roller then brush out.

that way you wont have the hassle of replacing perfectly good doors just because there brown. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back