replace window on roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how much to replace a glass window/skylight on a roof?
Its a slate roof, terraced house.
cheers

Sponsored Links
You dont state size of window or type of roof covering.
Just find out the cost of the window and flashing kit, then allow a days work for 2 men.

Sorry, its a terraced house, with slates, on a slant.
The window i would be guessing is approx. 1 meter by 1 meter 20 cm.

Sponsored Links
If it is just the glass then you need to get it measured and another one cut to size.

Dont know if its just the glass that wants replacing, its leaking (dripping slightly) .
Just after an idea of price really to replace altogether so i have a figure in my head before i get jipped when i ask someone to come and have a look :D

Velux every day.. simple to fit good quality...fitting cost will depend on ease of access, type of roof covering.

Generally in Lancashire they are wooden frame with lead and glass and a lot have come to the end of there life now, and I have looked at the ones you posted a link to Alastair but were do they get that price.

Wow, thats expensive Ali.
i was only hoping to pay about £100 for it all.
I might just buy a bucket for £3 and let it drip from the joist to the floor.
thanks everyone anyway.

Might just need the glazing re-puttied or a blocked channel, in which case your 100 quid may do it.....get a man with a van to take a look. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back