Replaced ceiling rose.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced the ceiling rose in my bathroom, originally 3 other rooms lights did not work but moving some wires around they now work. However the wall lights work but not the ceiling light. origally all wires were connected into the ceiling rose (god knows how) but this has been replaced by a junction box in the loft space. There are 5 cables in total. I have ensured that the Neutral (black from the switch goes to the new light fitting but not the live as this is connected to all other live wires bar one which goes to the light fitting.. All the other neutrals bar the one from the switch.

Does it matter which of the existing live wires joins the light fitting (except the switch)?

Would be grateful for any help. I have looked at diagrams but still no help. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back