replaced hall light .... kitchen lights now not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

need help!

I have just replaced my hall light fitting - I'm sure I've wired it correctly .... it's a mistake you only make once (2x black to blue, all the reds together and the black with red sleeve to the brown)

However, now my kitchen lights don't work at all - what have I done wrong? Have I dislodged a wire or something?

Thanks,

Mags

Sponsored Links
Does the hall light work? Have you checked all your connections to make sure they are sound (isolate the power before touching anything)? Did the red sleeve at any point drop off?

Sponsored Links
If they both worked ok before you started & by coincidence the lamp in the kitchen has not failed, then you must have failed to reconnect the supply to the kitchen light correctly. It sounds like you have 3 cables going in to the fitting in the hall, one will be supply in, one will be for the switch, & one out to supply the kitchen which is the one you will probably not have connected correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back