replacement alarm bell box

Sponsored Links
texecom bell box .... thats a 700l/800ll panel most bell boxes will do but the texecom seems most reliable for the price

You say that, but we must be swapping one a month thats failed over the last 18 months at the mo, not sure whats going on with them.

only texecom bellbox ive ever swopped was years ago when they had the strobe latching on fault, got hundreds out there had more problems with gardtec bellboxes.

Sponsored Links
ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

-2 tonight, runaway sounders anyone?

Only professionals may reply :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

-2 tonight, runaway sounders anyone?

Only professionals may reply :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
well, i'm not a professional but I had a runaway sounder on my own house a few moths ago.
here's the story, got a local company to install an accenta g3 mini and a CQR Cequra 7 years ago when we moved house,
Around christmas time, at about 10PM we were relaxing in the lounge, watching TV when the keypad sounded a tamper alarm, the system was unset.
silenced it at the keypad, but the Cequra was wailing away waking up all the neighbours.
so I ran outside, and saw the LEDS on the cequra were indicating hold off supply lost,
so we powered down the panel and left the whole system powered down for the night with the cequra running down its battery.
eventually it died after 10 mins.
so next morning went up the ladder, opened box, and the battery had exploded, showering the PCB with battery acid!
so we now have installed a G4 with the LCD RKP,the old LED RKP upstairs, and put a Risco NovaGard 6 outside.

Battery died in the cold.
The "run down" wasnt due to power drain but the circuits giving the time allowed. And shutting down ( Its a law involved here)

Sh1te happens, as you have found out.

well, i think the battery ,as the cells vented, lost power since the noise level went down , eventually only a whisper, then inaudible.
although, I did notice that one LED was flashing very dimly when I replaced it.
I have kept the battery, it measures 3.7V now, so definitely dead, and all the plastic was blown off when it exploded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back