Replacement Boiler/Boiler Plus Regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Am just looking for some advice from experts: Thinking of replacing an 18yr old Glow Worm Micron 60FF in a Y plan system and cylinder, and changing to a combi, probably Worcester Bosch ( as this seems to have good reports and loads of people I know have one.) The house is semi detached, 100+yrs old but well insulated and double glazed. There is one bathroom, (shower is electric), kitchen sink and one bedroom hand basin. There are 14 radiators,some double, with thermostatic valves except in the hall,upstairs landing, and bathroom. I'm not really clear about the 'boiler plus' regulations as to the difference between 'load compensation' and 'weather compensation'; and 'flue gas heat recovery'. Which of these would be advisable, given that regulations say at least one? is required. WB also has an internet control thermostat, how would this compare, in terms of control, to the wireless non internet thermostats they also use. (I'm not too bothered about internet control, it might be useful but only very occasionally.) Just looking for system efficiency, and don't mind spending a bit more on controls if thought to be worthwhile. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back