Replacement c/h pump speed

OK, so I should stick with the same size pump.

Not sure I understand the balancing suggestion. My bypass consists of a 15mm gatevalve taken off the 22mm flow between the pump and diverter. There's no valve in the flow to coil, apart from diverter, to reduce/control flow.

oilman, I can feel a new thread coming on, as the pump upgrade question has been answered and we're now talking about balancing things. You obviously knew where we'd end up. I'll start a new topic for the power flush question.

Sponsored Links
Nige,

The Gas lot wanted to charge £1000 per household to pipe gas to my end of the village... with British gas you could spread the cost via the gas bill, but when Transco took on the pipes that was no longer an option - they wanted paying up-front... so about 100 of us told them to get stuffed.

I reckon that in the long-term they shot themselves in the foot! I would like gas - for cooking it is far better - but not at that price. That was about 10 years ago now - when Transco was born - but I'll bet it will cost a lot more now. Gas comes to within about 200 yards of my house. I refuse to go metric if I can help it.

Hi Guys - Happy New Year...

Ran pump fast then slow - result is a nice quiet system.

Thanks to all.

Sponsored Links
Hengist said:
Nige,

The Gas lot wanted to charge £1000 per household to pipe gas to my end of the village... with British gas you could spread the cost via the gas bill, but when Transco took on the pipes that was no longer an option - they wanted paying up-front... so about 100 of us told them to get stuffed.

I reckon that in the long-term they shot themselves in the foot! I would like gas - for cooking it is far better - but not at that price. That was about 10 years ago now - when Transco was born - but I'll bet it will cost a lot more now. Gas comes to within about 200 yards of my house. I refuse to go metric if I can help it.
Good 4 you :!: There are lots of different oil boilers nowadays, may be worth a look :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back