Replacement chrome plug - weird fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wife used an abrasive cleaner which has tarnished the chrome plug cover in our sink. I tried to remove the whole plug unit as I thought it could be replaced, but it doesn't seem to come out.

I then tried to remove just the chrome plug cover, and it does come off. But I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

Photo attached.

Anyone know what I can do here? Is a replacement cover available, and if so, which part do I need? Or if not, how on earth do I remove the plug unit and is that replacable?

Attachments

• IMG_5367.jpg
    IMG_5367.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
Most likely there is a large nut underneath connected to pipework to replace the whole thing. Easy enough job.

Usually there is a screw in the middle of the plughole holding the top and bottom parts together.

Yours might be obscured by detritus or perhaps there is a removable grot collector.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back