Replacement euro cylinder with thumb turn

Thanks for the update, sounds like you got a good lock there if it took a locksmith a right faff to get it out, my removal advice was based on a cheaper lock that people usually buy.
They’ve refunded the lock but also will pay any charges incurred for the replacement. I was quite blown away by this!
Wow yes that is unexpected, I would try that route before i use my house insurance.
As a personal preference I do not like thumb turns because if scum break in through a window then that is the way they will also have to try and leave with my TV, rather than opening the door.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the update, sounds like you got a good lock there if it took a locksmith a right faff to get it out, my removal advice was based on a cheaper lock that people usually buy.

Wow yes that is unexpected, I would try that route before i use my house insurance.
As a personal preference I do not like thumb turns because if scum break in through a window then that is the way they will also have to try and leave with my TV, rather than opening the door.

Yeah, fair play to Amazon.

If someone breaks in to my house over night- I would rather that they were able to leave as quickly as possible.

I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag, and especially not at 3am in the morning whilst in a "state of undress".

My parents have a front door with a night latch and chubb lock. They used to use a key to deadlock the Chubb, and then put the key on top of the room stat in the lounge, I convinced them to fit a thumb turn. In the event of a fire, they won't need to try to find any keys. If they leave for a few days, they can still use the chubb to annoy any burglar.

Sponsored Links
Update part2. Soooo after Amazon agreed via email to pay all costs my lovely insurance company wont give me a copy of the invoice or any breakdown.

All I know is that they might cover under home emergency OR it might be treated as a claim on home insurance in which case I will have to pay the excess. Every day a different person and view.

Will keep pursuing. I hate insurance companies!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back