Replacement for 470W Bosch mains electric drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have (used to have) a 470W Bosch electric drill. After a bottle of wine fell off a shelf, broke and soaked the drill, it has stopped working and I would like to replace it.

I am looking for something similar but not battery powered. It must have a selectable hammer drill facility. It would be quite handy if I could use it to drive screws (e.g. in garden decking) since the battery in each of two electric screwdrivers I have owned hasn't lasted. In connection with this, what is an "Impact Driver"?

I have read good reports of Makita but haven't been able actually to hold one in my local B&Q who seem keen to push DeWALT & Ryobi, neither of which I know anything about.

This is for DIY tasks rather than professional use. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
WAIT FOR IT, ;)

ill start and say STICK with bosch,take a look on ebay and see whats on offer,you might be able to get a professional version for the cost of diy new from the sheds??

If you're dead set on replacing it, send it to me. It'll probably work fine given a clean..

Sponsored Links
Go for a blue Bosch it will last you years and not cost much more than the green range. I would recommend looking on Axminster power tool centre website or any other good tool retailer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back