Replacement for Wickes r63 eyeball downlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are 3 Wickes R63 eyeball downlights in my kitchen. The other night, one of the holding clasps (if that's what they're called) broke and the housing fell out of the ceiling.

I need to replace this, but can't find anything of the right diameter in the DIY stores I've looked it. The hole diameter is about 140mm/5.5". The diameter of the covering/fascia ring (i.e. the thing you see around the eyeball when you look up) is about 150mm/6", and it's white.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find a replacement? Wickes don't stock them any longer, since virtually everything is halogen now.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks to all for the links. The problem is that the R63s at TLC and Toolstation have cut outs with about 20mm less diameter than the existing hole. I could do something clever with plasterboard, but I'm not sure my DIY is up to it.

The Screwfix one would fit ok, but the delivery costs as much as the item.

Still, I now have some choice at least, so thanks very much.

Where abouts in the country are you?

Screwfix have trade counters all over the place, so you could call in and collect a fitting if you want to save on delivery costs.

Hadn't realised that. Turns out they have a couple within easy driving distance. Thanks.

Where abouts in the country are you?

Screwfix have trade counters all over the place, so you could call in and collect a fitting if you want to save on delivery costs.

Turns out they have a couple within easy driving distance.

Just be aware that the trade counters don't carry all of the items in the catalogue, they may well not have any stock, and you can't call to check in advance either.

You can however drive there, find out they haven't got it, order it and pay for it, then collect it the next day.
Depending on the distance, it might be cheaper to pay for delivery.

That fitting looks painted, could you drill and countersink it and screw it up.

:)

If the eye ball bit comes out, you can sometimes drill and fix inside the ring bit and no screwheads will show once refitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back