Replacement post question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fence that has concrete posts except for the last 3 posts, this was done originally as the last 3 posts are adjacent to decking and sleeper retaining walls, the posts being fixed to the sleepers on the rear side and the last post being drilled and screwed to the house.
Now i have a problem, the first wooden post (farthest from the house) after the concrete run has snapped.
Im in a position to replace it now with a concrete one but if i do, the panel will no longer fit due to the fact that concrete posts place the panels closer together as the "slot" is smaller than a 3" wooden post, is there any other option or do i just replace with concrete and fix a batten to the side of the panel to make it 6' 1" wide rather than 6'?
Is there such a thing as a 3" solid not "H" profile post that you can affix panel clips to?

Cheers, Sharpcroft

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back