Replacement pump - different connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently I have a Wilo Gold 50 in my graviity fed heating system which has started to become unreliable. It is connected to 22mm copper pipe through some Gate Valve 22mm x 1 1/2''.

I've been provided with a replacement pump that has different connections. A Grundfos UPS 15-60 which is the same length (130) but has a smaller connector at the top 1".

Enquiring at the local retail plumbing centre they felt the new pump is for a combi and couldn't help me when I asked if I could just replace the valves.

Is there anyway in which I can replace my old pump with this as I couldn't find suitable valves?

Sponsored Links
imagez.php

Poor picture, I know

I think you've just been sold some old **** they've been trying to pass on for ages.

Standard sizes are indeed 1.5" and usually red! What's the numbers say?

Sponsored Links
I didn't have to buy it, I inherited it from someone... possibly for the reason you say.

It's not red because it's an OEM product.

Is there no way of using it?

You could buy a couple of brass bushes to increase the size of the pump threads

Actually its very simple to buy a rear section with 1 1/2" flanges and transfer the pump head.

If you came to me then I would do you a free swap!

Tony

Tony, who sells the rear section? First time I heard of this one :confused:

OP come to me I will GIVE you the rear section for nothing :D

I would expect that people put them on Ebay sometimes.

But the OP has not put his location in his profile se we don't know if he is in Glasgow or London.

At a Business Club dinner last Monday we were talking about forums and there was a very strong feeling that all forums should require people to give their proper names and locations.

The Gas-News site did this and there was virtually never any abuse there.

Tony

That will do his job Jim!

But it will mean that he will then have a non standard installation.

My advice would be that it would be better to get the usual rear part of the pump ( called velute ) and but normal gate type valves.

But the installation looks so old that it may even be 3/4" tube which will give him another headache.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back