Replacing 3 wire room Thermostat to 2 wire digit stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Drayton mechanical room thermostat that has 3 wire connections. The wires are standard 3 core cable with brown(live), blue(neutural), and green/yellow(earth) all connected.

I just purchased a Honeywell DT90E digital room thermostat. This only requires 2 wire connections. There is no instructions to say what to connect when you have a 3 core cable of live, neutral and earth. Here is the wiring details of the new stat.

http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Temperature-Controls/Temperature-TPI-Control/DT90E/

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I currently have a Drayton mechanical room thermostat that has 3 wire connections. The wires are standard 3 core cable with brown(live), blue(neutral), and green/yellow(earth) all connected.
Unfortunately there's no way of knowing what the wires are being used for:
the blue may be a neutral and the green/yellow may be an earth, but that can't be guaranteed.

What model no Drayton stat do you have at the moment and which color wire is attached to which terminal?

Sponsored Links
I currently have a Drayton mechanical room thermostat that has 3 wire connections. The wires are standard 3 core cable with brown(live), blue(neutral), and green/yellow(earth) all connected.
the blue may be a neutral and the green/yellow may be an earth, but that can't be guaranteed.

What model no Drayton stat do you have at the moment and which color wire is attached to which terminal?

Thanks for you help on this.
At work at the moment so will check later.

Model: RTS1
Blue to N
Brown to L
Yellow/green to 3. Also called CALL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back